Bienvenido a Viajando a Los Roques, C.A.
Recommendations to plan your journey to Los Roques
Useful advices to consider during your stay on the Los Roques Archipelago
** Regarding your outbound flight to Los Roques you have to take precautions on being at the airport 1 hour before the flight leaves. It is convenient that you provide a mobile phone number to the salesperson in order to monitor and assist you during your entire journey. Also you have to be careful when planning the dates of your journey. Usually these packages are NON-REFUNDABLE and most airlines and lodging companies put NON SHOW into practice if you do not appear to take your flight. Besides, there are severe penalties for changing dates which are allowed but only much in advance of your journey.
**Likewise, we remember you for your return flight that you have to take precautions on arriving 1 hour before at the airstrip of Gran Roque Airport and check in since if you miss your return flight by mistake you will pay yourself the costs of a new air ticket for your return to mainland.
USEFUL ADVICES BEFORE TRAVELLING TO LOS ROQUES:
- Use sun block with high protection factor (on the beach even in the shade you could get sunstroke).
- Ask your beach guides about permitted or restricted areas for recreational activites on Los Roques Archipelago.
- Do not walk barefoot in rocky areas and where coral rests are abundant (you could injure yourself).
- Do not touch fishes, corals and other animals (they could cause you injuries).
- Coordinate with your beach guide in advance the meeting places and schedules to enjoy daily the beach service. All our services are to keys (islands) close to Gran Roque, additional trips (to remote islands) must be coordinated directly with your guides and ARE NOT INCLUDED in these services.
- Remember to preserve the environment and do not remove any kind of marine species. Your baggage could be checked by the competent authorities when leaving the National Park.
- During your stay in Gran Roque - in inns - it is very important that you collaborate with the WATER SAVING in them; usin shower and bathroom check that in the bathroom does not keep the water running and the faucets are not open. In the park water is desalinated and it is a scare resource.
- Drink only bottled water.
- The electric service in Gran Roque sometimes is RATIONED therefore we exhort you to understand these limitations which are not attributable to inn or tour operators (they are making a big effort to offer you the best service possible so that you enjoy unforgettable vacations).
- If you for medical or cultural reasons can not ingest a particular kind of food you have to inform the inn manager and your beach guide so that they look for appropriate alternatives.
- Take as many pictures and videos you can. This National Park is so beautiful that it is worth to do so for your souvenirs.
- There is a bank (the only one) BANESCO and an ATM in Gran Roque. The use of credit/debit cards is limited, we recommend you to carry cash and preferably travel ALL INCLUSIVE plans to avoid using excessively cash (not all inns count on security boxes). On the beach, you would rather be relaxed and not worried about this money matter.
- Burglary and thefts ARE UNUSUAL on Los Roques, but we advise you not to carry valuables, garments, etc. on your travel.
- The different telephone companies DO HAVE MOBILE PHONE COVERAGE in Gran Roque.
- If you take a particular medicine we suggest you to take it from mainland since in Gran Roque exists only one little pharmacy. There is a medical service (outpatient department) in Gran Roque.
- The baggage has to be limited to a minimum (for security reasons most airlines allow max. 10 kgs per person) and preferably has to be used a bag or backpack (NO big rigid suitcases). Remember to take only light beachwear, caps, hats, sandals, moisturizing cream, sun block and insects repellent… Do not forget your camera and battery charger (electricity is 110 V).
- The official months to eat lobsters and botutos (sea snails) are October to April. It is important that you avoid consuming them after these seasons, doing so you will also contribute to the ecological balance of the Archipelago.
HAPPY VACATIONS ON LOS ROQUES:
www.ViajandoALosRoques.com / www.ValenciaLosRoques.com
www.LosRoques-Hotels.com / www.Canaima-Hotels.com
- Accommodations in Los Roques
- Tours in Los Roques
- Online quote the price of your package to the Roques
- How to get to Los Roques, Flights to Los Roques
- View map air route to Los Roques
- Los Roques Holiday Packages and Hotel Deals
- Package Description 1 Day Beach - Full Day
- Package Description 2 Days and 1 Night
- Recommendations for traveling to Los Roques
- View Map of Gran Roque
- See Map of Los Roques Archipelago